photo: kokua festival volunteers, waikiki shell
Since 2009, we have been volunteering our butts off and have been loving every waking minute of it.
Hands In Helping Out (HIHO) is an Oahu-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the mission of sustainable volunteerism through human connection. Founded in 2009 to connect young people with volunteer opportunities, HIHO has grown in its first 5 years to reach over 4500 volunteers, who in turn contribute over 2000 hours of service to 17 non-profit partners each year. HIHO’s vision is a volunteer movement that engages people in meaningful service that reaches the needs of the Hawaii community.
What We've Achieved
- Born, February 2009.
- Contributed over 10,000 hours of service since inception.
- Partnered with 17 locally based non-profits, community groups and community minded businesses.
- Attended the 2014 National Conference on Volunteering and Service in Atlanta, Georgia.
- A registered member of the Network of Volunteer Leaders of Hawaii.
- Since 2009, we have a volunteer retention rate of 85%.